Monday, October 10, 2011

A Few Remarks on Wilco

I always thought Uncle Tupelo was kind of boring, and the same with Wilco. I recently watched the Wilco movie. I always thought if I did I'd get it with the music a little more, since the way the music is dramatically presented in movies can make it more engaging. But, I found the music kind of boring, and found myself eager for the songs to end. Usually I hate the way songs are always cut off in movies nowadays, even documentaries about the music, but in this case I'd lose interest before the songs ended. So, Wilco is boring.

If you watch "Superfly" you will see they play "I'm Your Pusherman" all the way through TWICE in the movie. Nowadays you never, ever hear a song played all the way through even once, unless it's a music documentary, and even then they cut into a lot of the songs or cut them off early.

No comments:

Post a Comment